Thursday, September 25, 2014

Present Perfect: Run with Luck






Lucky.
Plucky punk avoids the funk.
Never sunk below what people know as sanity, handily masked my flaws
Forever Indiana Jones’n, escaping danger, kissing strangers, closing casket’s jaws
Whisked away, some may say, by ghosts and spirits, fate of God
Why I’m still living, loving, she’s just a woman, stop, it gives me pause
I try to project what I got, giving, stealing this moment, regardless of laws
I would’ve gone crazy, you never cease to amaze me, toss the frost
Alive, right now, chase away the blues, reds, greens, nothing lost
Strive to stay intact, never lack, always in the black, lenses glossed
My luck runs, chase it through fun obstacles, up, down, no frown at what cost?
Soon as you stop to think, another drink, dance, romance, strands stretch, tossed
Move, repeat the feat, improve your seat or devolve, revolve, evolve, weak gloss
Almost a crime, but why waste your space, crash, wake, the grime washes off

No comments: