Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Dark of the Country



Run to the dark of the country
Trees sway wave welcoming wind
Warm blaze, suns embrace
Melts away city’s slight, grime

Here, time disappears, crime fears
Quiet
Years last minutes, finish fright’s climb
Horse-blinders shut malevolent mind

Find a home waiting, no signs
The farm at our house
Growing hearts wane at the harvest
Nature’s grasp so simple, plain

Its here I know I will return
Like strangers in the wind
The call of the night burns
Flashing lights fight, rescind

Looking ahead, always, no way
What can one man say but what he saw?
Just where will I play today?
The end of thinking far

Sniffing the damp air’s breeze
It’s going to rain tonight
I can feel it in my old knees
Colors shift as cat tails drift, dogs bite

Herd my dreams into memory
The sights I see right in front of me
The land spreads, sprawls, draws my breath
It’s enough, suficiente, until my death

Laughter, love, yes it’s enough
Until I speak my last weak breath
One thing to which I can attest

Now, will do, for me, for us. 

No comments: